Senior Landscape Architect – Anthony Stiff Associates – Full Time
Become part of the management team of a dynamic, versatile practice on Milton Park, near Abingdon in Oxfordshire. Have an opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a Senior Landscape Architect with 2+ years post CMLI experience.
Our strengths lie in developing good communications and building relationships with our clients, staff and other consultants. We work across many sectors and at all scales, private and public realm. We currently have work in the motorsport sector, leisure, urban design, commercial business parks, housing, heritage, highways, landscape assessment and landscape management.
We value our reputation and our ability to be flexible and receptive to our clients’ needs. We operate a third party accredited quality assurance system to BS 9001.
We need someone who will get involved, make things happen, help us to grow the business and seek out new opportunities to strengthen and grow within the market place. Commercial confidence is essential to ensure our bids and then projects are delivered reliably and profitably.
Your Experience and Skills
- You will need to demonstrate strong visual communication skills and a creative design approach using both computer graphics and hand drawn techniques. You will be confident in soft landscape design and have experience and a practical knowledge of hard materials, landscape detailing and construction. You will have experience of NBS, tendering processes and running landscape contracts.
- Experience of working on LVIAs would be desirable as would a good understanding of open space strategies. Skills in ArcGIS would be an advantage as we use it on a regular basis on landscape management projects.
Good written skills are essential, and you will need to be proficient in AutoCad although we are currently also developing our BIM capabilities with Vectorworks.
- You will have the ability to manage a team and lead projects of various scales and complexities. You will have good interpersonal skills and will be able to demonstrate the experience and ability to engage with clients and to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- You should be capable of undertaking complex design coordination tasks and working through issues / problem-solving.
- Applicants should have an organised and efficient approach to completing work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English are important. A full driving licence is essential.
Based on your experience and what you can bring to the practice we are offering a competitive salary for the position of Senior Landscape Architect, and for the right candidate there will be opportunities to progress within the company and help us develop and grow the business. You will benefit from working in a supportive, friendly practice with the opportunity to make a difference. Milton Park is within easy reach of Oxford, Abingdon, Didcot and Wantage with good car, bus and train connections. There is good cycle route from the station at nearby Didcot and there an active car sharing scheme. The business park provides a thriving and pleasant working environment with on site facilities including shops and a gym and seasonal events and activities.
ASA offers a work place pension scheme and a relocation allowance would be offered to the right candidate. Your application will only be considered if you have the right to work within the UK without any visa restrictions.
Contact Anthony Stiff or Carolyn Place on 01235 832800 for a chat or send us your CV, portfolio in pdf format along with a covering letter explaining why you wish to join us, what you can bring to our company and how you fulfill the experience and skills requirements set out in the full job specification above.
Please reply by Monday 23rd January.